"Soaring skywards and surrounded by a moat that would make its European Castle counterparts blush, Angkor Wat is one of the most inspired and spectacular monuments ever conceived by the human mind." ~ Lonely Planet

It is imperative that a disclaimer be made 
at the very beginning of this post 
in order to share our moments in Siem Reap, Cambodia
 with a clear conscious.
***I am not into history that much.
There, I said it!
However, I have decided there are a few very good reasons 
why a non-history buff would enjoy a visit to the Angkor Archaeological Park.

#1  The Sunrise...
Along with hundreds of other tourists...

we awoke at 4:00 a.m., with picnic breakfast in hand...

to capture the moments when the sun peeks from behind Angkor Wat.
Our sunrise was not as colorful as others have experienced,
but pretty impressive to listen to the serene, quietness of the crowds.
#2 The Monkeys...
As you walk through the grounds of a temple... 
built for a king,
you start to get the feeling you are being watched.
Amidst the intricate carvings...
with a story all their own,
I found myself...

searching for the living creatures...
and trying to get the perfect shot.
I know, I know,
like fingernails scraping along a chalk board,
some of you history buffs out there are cringing.
Talk to the hands.

#3 Count the faces...
After walking the grounds of Angkor Wat,

we headed to...

nearby Ta Prohm...
or more recently referred to as Tomb Raider Temple.
I honestly thought Hollywood created this place.
(***remember the disclaimer)
Your counting begins...




and at some point...
 complete awe will overcome your being,
and you will feel the urge...
to rub noses with them.
Keep counting...
and enjoy the significance...








1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures! So interesting to see a place I have been through another person's eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Nice comments are welcome here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...